The mission of the Monroe Area High School Counseling Department is to collaborate with students, parents, school professionals, and community resources to address the academic, social/emotional, and college/career preparatory needs of all students to ensure a structured, respectful, and safe environment for learning.
Statement of Philosophy
The School Counselors at MAHS Believe:
- All students have the ability to learn and succeed.
- All students deserve equitable access to educational opportunities.
- All students deserve equitable access to school counseling services.
- All students deserve to be respected and feel safe in the school environment.
- The school counselor's role includes being an advocate for students' academic, personal/social and career success.
- the Georgia PSC.
- Will work collaboratively as a department and with other school counselors in Walton County to establish and maintain best practices
- achievement of all students through direct and indirect services.
- Coordinate school and community resources to meet student needs.
- Use data to determine needs to be addressed by school counseling services.
- Use data to demonstrate the impact of school counseling services.
- Play an integral role in the school improvement process.
- Involve parents and community stakeholders in the education of students.
- Be tailored to the culture of its students and the community to which it belongs.
- Will participate in school counseling specific professional development in order to better serve the students of our school.
- Will work within the ethical guidelines established by the American School Counselor Association